TESATEK Carbon Monoxide Alarm uses an electrochemical carbon monoxide sensor. Alarm is equipped with 10 years sealed for life built-in lithium battery. Carbon Monoxide Alarm sets off a siren when it detects carbon monoxide. It is NOT designed to detect smoke, fire or any other gases and does not react on temperature.
Alarm is equipped with visual LEDs. Under normal conditions, when there is no carbon monoxide detected, the green light flashes after every 30 seconds. The red light will flash rapidly to show an alarm condition and yellow light flashes when alarm element is not working or alarm has reached the end of its life and needs to be replaced.
Before installing the CO alarm remove plastic strip that activates alarm sensor and the battery. After removing plastic strip, there will be one loud signal and the green light flashes once, the sensor will activate after 90 seconds. During that time do not press the button on the alarm. The CO alarm does not detect Carbon monoxide during these 90 seconds. After activating CO alarm you need to test it.
On the CO alarm there is only one button that has two functions – to test the alarm and to turn off the alarm. Test the carbon monoxide alarm by pushing the button for 5 seconds. If the alarm is operating properly you will hear an alarm and the red light starts flashing. The alarm will turn off when you release the button.
When the CO alarm senses a dangerous level of CO, the unit will emit a loud alarm pattern. You can turn off the alarm by pressing the button. After 120 seconds if the sensor still detects carbon dioxide the alarm goes off again.
Locations to avoid:
- Do not install in very dusty areas.
- Do not install in areas with very high fat content.
- Do not install near vents, flues, chimneys or any forced/unforced air ventilation openings.
- Do not install in areas where the temperature is lower than 5°C or hotter than 40°C.
- Do not install in dead air spaces, such as peaks of vaulted ceilings or gabled roofs, where CO may not reach the sensor in time to provide early warning.
- Do not install in areas where the humidity is lower than 20% or higher than 90%.
- Do not install within 2 metres of heating or cooking appliances.
- Less than 30 cm away from fluorescent lamps, as electrical interference may cause the sensor to malfunction.